Duloxetine 30 mg Delayed Release Enteric coated pellets
Duloxetine 60 mg Delayed Release Enteric coated pellets
Preclinical studies have shown that duloxetine is a potent inhibitor of neuronal serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake and a less potent inhibitor of dopamine reuptake. Basically,duloxetine blocks SEROTONINE and NORADRENALINE reuptake by blocking SERT and NET.
- Function of Serotonin : Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that helps with stabilizing mood, feeling good, sleeping eating, digestion. Helps regulate mood
- Function of Norephinephrine : Euphoria (feel happy ) , Energy, Attentiveness, focus on performing a task
- Duloxetine has an elimination half-life of about 12 hours (range 8 to 17 hours) and its pharmacokinetics are dose proportional over the therapeutic range.
- Steady-state plasma concentrations are typically achieved after 3 days of dosing
- Elimination of duloxetine is mainly through hepatic metabolism involving two P450 isozymes, CYP1A2 and CYP2D6
- DULOXETINE can be given without regard to meals. Meal doesnot affect the absorption .
- Major depressive disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain
Pregnancy Category: C
Storage: Store below 25 °C
- Missed dose: Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not take extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
- Duloxetine Capsules must not be crushed or chewed but swallowed as a whole
- Dose must be taken as prescribed by the physician.
- Hepatic Insufficiency : DULOXETIN should ordinarily not be used in patients with hepatic insufficiency
- Insufficiency Severe Renal Impairment — DULOXETIN should ordinarily not be used in patients with end-stage renal disease or severe renal impairment (creatinine clearance <30 mL/min)
- Controlled Narrow-Angle Glaucoma — In clinical trials, DULOXETIN was associated with an increased risk of mydriasis; therefore, it should be used cautiously in patients with controlled narrow-angle glaucoma
DUCAP 30 DR Each box contains 10 strips X 10 Tabs. ALU-ALU Packing
DUCAP 60 DR Each box contains 10 strips X 10 Tabs. ALU-ALU Packing